I’ve tried several recipes from this book and they are all SO good! I’ve adapted her granola recipe a couple of different times and they are all delicious! My latest twist is using hazelnuts instead of walnuts. It also freezes well if you want to make it in bulk! Here’s what you do:
Whisk egg white in a separate bowl until frothy. Stir into granola mixture until evenly distributed.
What you need:
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 cups dried fruit (I used blueberries)
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine all ingredients but the egg white and dried fruit in a large bowl, tossing to coat evenly.
- Whisk the eft white in a separate bowl until frothy. Stir into granola mixture evenly.
- Spread it on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 45-55 minutes, flip half-way through baking time to ensure even cooking.
- Once cooked evenly, remove from oven and let cool completely. Once cooled, sprinkle in dried fruit and keep in airtight container.