Sam and I love grilled corn and we wanted to try a new twist on the old standby. This butter was fresh, slightly citrusy, and the perfect amount of cheesy. The saltiness complemented the sweet corn beautifully. This butter freezes well too, so don’t feel bad about only using a fraction of what this recipe yields.
Ok, so to grill corn with the husk on, you need to soak it in water for at least 30 minutes before grilling in order to minimize charring the husk. First, peel the husk off your corn and remove the silk. Then cover the corn back up with the husk.
adapted from here.
Recipe for Grilled Corn with Herbed Goat Cheese Butter
What you need:
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons herbes de Provence
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 6 ears of corn
What you do:
- Peel back corn husks and remove silk. Replace husks and soak for at least 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- Mix butter, cheese, herbes de Provence, garlic, zest, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mound onto plastic wrap and roll into cylinder, twisting the ends. Chill.
- Heat a charcoal grill-that’s what we have so that’s all I know :). Grill corn on cooler side of grill until husks are slightly charred, about 5-10 minutes. Peel back husks and smear generously with butter.