We had some friends over last night to play cards and I wanted to make some yummy fall treats. This fall/halloween bark was chock-full of all of my fav fall sweets. I also whipped up an apple cider drink and had some scarecrow mix that my mom gave me (similar to this) to snack on while playing spades.Goodness that Oreo is calling my name.I decided to make both white and semi-sweet chocolate. This stuff turned out so cute! I especially loved the peanut butter m&m’s and the double stuffed Oreos. I am just now recuperating from Sam and my roadtrip to see the Lumineer’s in Memphis Tuesday night (We didn’t get home until 1am!!!! Way past our normal 9:30 bedtime).
The concert was so good! Not as good as Needtobreathe (Sam said NTB made the Lumis look boring!!), but they were still very good. You know how at most concerts, the musicians go into or very close to the crowd to sing a song? Well, I’ve always wanted to be the person who got to be right next them and look how close we were!!
I touched his leg! (I’m not creepy, I promise). Also, we had a celeb sighting. Check out which Grizz player likes the Lumineers:
He is such a tall man!! Sam is 6’4 and he came up to Marc’s shoulder blade! We love Memphis, so it was so great to see some great music and eat some great food (Central BBQ pizza? I think yes).Confession: sometimes I tell myself I’m a gladiator when I feel overwhelmed by my upcoming board test. If y’all don’t watch Scandal-I think it’s the best show on TV right now! SO GOOD. Happy Thursday gladiators!
Recipe for Fall Bark*
adapted from here.
What you need:
- 1 package of almond bark
- 16 whole graham crackers (I threw in some chocolate grahams that made the bark extra decadent)
- Chocolate Chips
- Mini-Reeses Pieces
- Peanut Butter M&M’s
- Chopped Oreos
- Candy Corn
- Whatever you want to throw on it!
What to do:
- Melt your almond bark over a double boiler (just place a glass bowl over some simmering water and voila! You’ve got a double-boiler). Stir until smooth and let cool for about a minute.
- Arrange graham crackers so that they are touching and fill up a rimmed cookie sheet. Pour melted chocolate on top and spread until smooth.
- Sprinkle on all of your toppings and press down lightly with the palm of your hand to ensure that they will stick. Place in fridge for 20-30 minutes or until set. Break bark apart and serve on platter.
*I doubled everything so I could have both white and dark chocolate bark.