It’s been pumpkin-palooza around here recently. There are a lot of pumpkin sweet rolls recipes floating around, so I decided to try these out Saturday morning. These were DIVINE. The best part-these are so easy to make!! Such a festive twist on our favorite breakfast food. Perfect for a fall weekend morning! One of the ways I adapted the original recipe is by cutting down on the filling because I thought that too much filling made the rolls gloopy-not ideal. I can’t wait to make these yummy rolls again!
Recipe for Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Rolls
adapted from here.
What you need:
- one roll of crescent rolls
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar (you can substitute brown sugar here if that’s what you have on hand)
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- dash of ginger
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3/4 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350˚
- Unroll crescent rolls and press all the seams together so you have a rectangle.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the filling. Spread a THIN layer on your crescent rectangle. You may have some filling left. Do not get overzealous with your filling. It makes the rolls goopy if you add too much filling-not yummy. You should be able to see the crescent roll through your filling layer.
- Roll up the dough starting with the short end of your rectangle. Cut roll into about 8 pieces. Place rolls into a greased round pan.
- Bake for 22-28 minutes or until browned. While baking, whisk together glaze ingredients until smooth. Once rolls are done, let cool for a few minutes then cover with glaze.