This my first month in the Leftovers Club! I was so excited to make and get some goodies from other bloggers. I decided to make one my mom’s best recipes. I have no idea why they are called Neiman Marcus bars. They always have been called this so N.M. bars they shall always be to me. Maybe because they are pretty and rich? Just roll with it. These yummy bars are like chess squares on steroids. I was so happy to send them to Aly at Cooking in Stilettos (check out her yummy blog!) so I would stop eating them. Aly sent me these DIVINE double chocolate cupcakes. If you’re a chocolate lover (and who’s not, right?), check out this recipe! Enjoy, and join the Leftovers Club! It’s so fun!
Check out what other yummy things the other members of the Leftovers Club made by clicking on this link!
Recipe for Neiman Marcus Bars
yields 2 dozen bars
What you need:
- I package butter cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 cup butter, melted and divided
- 1 package powdered sugar
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat cake mix, 1 egg, and 1/2 cup melted butter at medium speed until blended.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased 9×13 pan.
- Beat remaining 2 eggs, remaining 1/2 cup melted butter, powdered sugar, and cream cheese at medium speed in a separate bowl until creamy. Pour over batter. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Let cool and cut into squares.