Sooo was anybody else super distracted by CeeLo on the Voice last night? I can’t even deal with his outfits. Loved when Adam called him out for looking like Zorro. Anyways…in honor of it being freezing outside, we made chili last night. I combined the recipes that Sam and I grew up with (he always had more beans, and I had more tomatoes) . I have to say that this is the best chili I’ve ever made! The beer gives the chili the best kick of flavor.
Fritos? I think yes.
Recipe for Favorite Ale Chili
What you need:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 14.5 can black beans
- 1 14.5 can pinto beans
- 1 14.5 can dark red kidney beans
- 1 14.5 can chili beans
- 1 14.5 can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water (or one empty bean can full)
- 1 can rotel (I used hot)
- 1 packet of chili seasoning (I used McCormick)
- 1 bottle or can of beer (I used Blue Moon Winter Abbey Ale)
- Toppings: Sour Cream, Cheese, Cilantro, Fritos, Hot Sauce
What to do:
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add meat and onion. Cook until meat is browned and onion soft (about 5-7 minutes). Drain fat.
- Drain and rinse all of the beans except the chili beans. Now just throw everything into a stockpot. Cook on low for 2 hours minimum. The longer the better though! I cooked mine for about 3.5 hours. Top with copious amounts of sour cream, cheese, cilantro, fritos and hot sauce.