Last week, these yummy steak were on the cheap at Kroger so I snatched them up. These tacos were yum de la yum! They had such a great zesty flavor. Topped with cilantro, jalapeños, cheese and sour cream? Done and done. I imagine that avocados would be pretty excellent on these too. I’m just not the biggest fan of avocados (I know, I know. I think it’s a character flaw of mine).
Recipe for Tequila Lime Steak Tacos
adapted from here.
What you need:
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 quarter of an onion
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 4 oz. tequila
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 sirloin or strip steaks (about 1 lb each)
- possible toppings: lime juice, jalapeños, sour cream, cheese, lettuce, guacamole
What to do:
- Place first 9 ingredients ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Place steaks in casserole dish or ziplock bag. Cover with marinade and refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
- Remove from fridge about one hour prior to cooking. Heat your grill pan over high heat and cook 4-5 minutes each side until reached desired doneness (I like mine a little red). If it’s nice out, cook on the grill outside!
- Slice thinly and place in corn tortillas. Top with lime juice, cheese, sour cream, jalapeños, or whatever your heart desires!