Another month in the Leftovers Club! My partner this time was Angela at Mind Over Batter. Head over to her blog and check out her delicious recipes! I can’t wait to try the Banana Maple Caramel Corn. In honor of Christmas, I made peppermint bark. This is too easy and too good not to make. Who doesn’t love Andes mints? I used to stuff my pockets with them when I was leaving Benihana’s (totally normal). Anyways, when I spied Andes peppermint crunch on the shelves, I couldn’t wait to use it to make peppermint bark! It’s less crunchy than normal peppermint bark because of the creamy nature of Andes mints, which I loved as a different twist!
Andes Peppermint Bark
What you need:
- One package chocolate almond bark
- One package vanilla almond bark
- about 3/4 bag Andes Peppermint crunch
What to do:
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper; set aside. Melt the chocolate almond bark in a double broiler (or a pot of boiling water with a glass bowl on top). This should take about 10 minutes or so. Once melted, pour chocolate onto cookie sheet and spread until smooth. Let cool for at least an hour (you can put it in the fridge or freezer to expedite the process).
- Repeat steps to melt the vanilla almond bark. Once chocolate bark is cooled, pour vanilla bark over and spread until smooth. Sprinkle with Andes peppermint crunch. I used about 3/4 of my bag. Tweak as you like!
- Let cool for 1-2 hours (or overnight). Break into pieces and enjoy!
Check out everyone else’s recipes this month!
This my first month in the Leftovers Club! I was so excited to make and get some goodies from other bloggers. I decided to make one my mom’s best recipes. I have no idea why they are called Neiman Marcus bars. They always have been called this so N.M. bars they shall always be to me. Maybe because they are pretty and rich? Just roll with it. These yummy bars are like chess squares on steroids. I was so happy to send them to Aly at Cooking in Stilettos (check out her yummy blog!) so I would stop eating them. Aly sent me these DIVINE double chocolate cupcakes. If you’re a chocolate lover (and who’s not, right?), check out this recipe! Enjoy, and join the Leftovers Club! It’s so fun!
Check out what other yummy things the other members of the Leftovers Club made by clicking on this link!
Recipe for Neiman Marcus Bars
yields 2 dozen bars
What you need:
- I package butter cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
- 3 large eggs, divided
- 1 cup butter, melted and divided
- 1 package powdered sugar
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat cake mix, 1 egg, and 1/2 cup melted butter at medium speed until blended.
- Pour batter into a lightly greased 9×13 pan.
- Beat remaining 2 eggs, remaining 1/2 cup melted butter, powdered sugar, and cream cheese at medium speed in a separate bowl until creamy. Pour over batter. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. Let cool and cut into squares.