First of all, if you weren’t watching the Iron Bowl Saturday, you were just wrong. Although I’m still a little under the weather, you better believe I was running around screaming like a mad woman (or really eager Auburn fan) when this happened. There are not many games that I would watch again on ESPN classic, but I could watch this one over and over. SEC CHAMPIONSHIP Y’ALL.
It was all things Christmas around here this weekend. Wednesday, I only worked a half day so Sam and I decorated for Christmas.
Thursday, we had Thanksgiving with my family at Grandmommy’s. Afterwards, we decorated her sweet little tree and headed over to our house to watch the Egg Bowl.
Friday, we headed to Memphis and I FINALLY got to see this girl for the first time since she’s been preggers! I cannot wait for baby F to get here.
Saturday, we had Thanksgiving with the Moody’s! No pics, but it was full of yummy food (and a bundt cake disaster from yours truly), hanging out, and celebrating an Auburn win!!! I mean, I can’t even. Happy Monday and War Eagle!
I have loved reading people’s 28 days of thankfulness on Facebook, blogs, or other forms of social media. Although we should be equally as grateful for these things everyday, our fallen selves seem to forget that. We get caught up in the hurriedness of life and are consumed with selfish thoughts rather than filling our minds of the blessings that Christ has given us. I’ve found that as I’ve made this list and taken time to dwell on my blessings and Christ’s love for me, that I can’t help but to have an outflow of love and kindness on others. When I am in my self-consumed bubble (which I am far too often), it never fails that I’ll get annoyed with the people of Walmart or traffic or some other insignificant thing. But when I strive to fill my heart and mind of things above, I realize I have no idea what this person meandering slowly down the aisles of Walmart is going through. It’s ridiculously judgmental of me to get huffy; and it sure isn’t an example of Christ love if I give them dagger eyes when for taking up the whole aisle. I fail at this daily, but this leads me to the number one things I’m thankful for:
- God’s grace, unconditional love, and constant pursuit of my heart when I am so lacking.
- My mom. It’s so fun becoming an adult where your mom becomes more than just your parent, but also your best friend.
- My dad. He gives me such wisdom and encouragement! I love him so!
- My sister. She always makes me laugh and tells it to me straight.
- Wonderful in-laws. I always hear horror stories about in-laws. I am so thankful for Mark and Sheila for raising the man that I love and for loving me as their own. My bro-in-laws aren’t too shabby either :).
- New friends.
- Old friends.
- July 20, 2013 and celebrating with all our loved ones! It was the best/most fun/hottest (temperature wise, not attractiveness wise) day ever!
- Passing my boards.
- Time for rest.
- A new job.
- Hope Church.
- My grandmommy and the fact that she lives in Tupelo!
- An occupation where I am able to continue to learn and I will never know everything.
- My patients who give me their sweet elderly wisdom daily.
- My hot pack and a husband who will rub my back after a long day’s work.
- Taco Tuesdays. Tuesdays seriously make the week because Mexican food is just that good.
- Weekends! I never looked so forward to sleeping in as I do now that I’m a working woman.
- A king size bed. Splurging on our bed has been the best things for us abnormally tall folk.
- Auburn football y’all. Can’t wait for Saturday!!
- Friend Reunions! Can’t wait for the next one!
- All the celebrations over the past year.
- A husband who takes care of me when I’m sick. I’ve been sick all week and Sam has not allowed me to leave the couch when I get home from work.
- First holidays as a newlywed! We decorated the tree yesterday and it was so fun!
Happy happy Thanksgiving!!
In honor of the holidays being right around the corner, I’ve compiled a list of all things gold that I would love to have in my house. 1. This tray is so fun! 2. Gold and polka dots?! Love. Perfect to add some holiday cheer to your den. 3. I love this table runner for both Thanksgiving and Christmas! 4. This Alice+Olivia clutch is the perfect accessory for winter soirees (and with a good price to boot!) 5. I have been eyeing this gold flatware from West Elm. It would go perfectly with my china don’t you think? 6. I always love a good Kate Spade stud. 7. Monogrammed mugs in gold! Anthro for the win! 8. I have a new found love for linens and these napkins are so festive! 9. Love the homey feeling of this kitchen towel. 10. Another tray, I just love both! This would go perfect on my coffee table. I would use it all year round! 11. These gold-dipped tumblers are beautiful! 12. How pretty is this gold polka-dotted decanter (and it’s from Target, so it’s super cheap!)
See here for the whole collection.